BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The National Issue Advocacy team fights to advance equity for marginalized communities by working with major national progressive organizations, foundations and academic institutions on some of the most high-profile issues of our time. From local to global campaigns, we help our clients advocate for reproductive health, rights and justice; immigrant rights; climate change action; quality education; criminal-legal system issues; racial justice and much more. Whether launching a new campaign, pitching to news media, preparing for a breaking news moment, building thought leadership or crafting compelling messaging, our team is at the ready.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Supervisor. Applicants should indicate in their cover letter which of the aforementioned issues they are most interested in. Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Issue Advocacy team is working remotely. This role is fully remote within the U.S., though will be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, New York when we return to our offices (date TBD).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Supervisor on our Issue Advocacy team, you will...
- Lead projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters across a myriad of advocacy issues
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos and communications plans
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, progressive politics, journalism or a related field.
- Is an avid consumer of news. You have a strong news sense and knowledge of the media, and experience engaging and maintaining strong relationships with key reporters covering immigrant rights, women’s reproductive health, clean energy and more.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- A personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change, including issue area expertise in one or more of the areas mentioned above
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning, writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles, etc.), local, state or national politics and how to engage with members of the media for both rapid response and long lead stories.
- Direct or indirect management in the fields of progressive politics, strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism or a related field.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement