Note: We are not currently screening new applicants for this position, but if you’d like to be considered in the event that we reopen this search, please submit your resume, and we’ll let you know when we do.

ABOUT BERLINROSEN 

BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of the most powerful PR firms by Observer. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates.

ABOUT OUR TEAM

Our Technology and Cities practices help visionary companies, institutions and non-profits in technology, innovation, finance, real estate, arts+culture, infrastructure, hospitality, architecture and design who are shaping the future of cities and tech.  

We bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup. We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, government and policy pros, and expert communications.

ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Account Director will help develop client strategy, manage staff to drive an overall work plan, lead day-to-day client relations, conceptualize pitches and media placements, and play an active role in business development. 

ACCOUNTABILITIES

• As an Account Director on our team, you will:
    Drive large-scale strategic planning and execution efforts with multiple client leads across press conferences, feature stories, executive bylines, measurement/reporting needs and more (Primarily working collaboratively in PPT and Excel)
  • Drive high-touch daily client communications with the same client leads, juggling competing priorities (through regular calls and in-person meetings/presentations)
  • Partner closely with agency leads to develop robust strategy plans, reports, updates, and other presentation materials for the broader client team
  • Supervise the work of 2-4 junior staff (in addition to interns) at any given time, keeping a very close eye on quality control and ensuring client deliverables are smart, thoughtful, on-time and error-free
  • Work closely with our leadership on overall account management and capacity planning, ensuring client objectives are being regularly met,our work is being completed effectively and the team is being run efficiently

OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE

• Has 6+ years of relevant work experience in public relations, strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism, or a related field. Direct or indirect management in those fields a plus
  • Can conceptualize, develop and produce client plans and client recommendations that will be shared with the client, executives, and partners 
  • Is an avid consumer of news. You have a strong news sense and knowledge of the media, and experience engaging and maintaining strong relationships with key reporters covering relevant fields
  • Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
  • Has strong written and oral communications skills

WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including...

• A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
  • A competitive salary based on leading market rates
  • 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
  • Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
  • 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
  • Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
  • 9 paid bank holidays
  • Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
  • Mobile Phone Reimbursement
  • Weekly assortments of fresh and healthy snacks, beverages, and even cold brew coffee on tap

DIVERSITY STATEMENT
BerlinRosen is committed to diversity and a culture of inclusion, recognizing that these commitments directly contribute to our ability to provide stellar service and support to both our employees internally and our clients externally. We will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BerlinRosen will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.

Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will be in touch if/when this search reopens. We kindly ask that you do not call or email to check on the status of your application.

Apply for this Job

* Required

BerlinRosen Voluntary & Anonymous Demographics Survey

At BerlinRosen, we are continuously working to expand our work environment to be as diverse and inclusive of as many perspectives as possible. Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to fill out this survey, the responses will be collected in aggregate only to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process. Your responses, or lack thereof,  will not in any way be associated with your application or candidate details, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment, and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision. 

I currently identify my gender as:

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply):

Veteran Status:

I have a disability.

I identify as currently living with the following disabilities:

I identify as a first-generation college graduate.

I identify as LGBTQIA+.