BerlinRosen is a leading national progressive public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of the most powerful PR firms by Observer, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 170 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The National Issue Advocacy team fights to advance equity for all people by working with major national progressive organizations, foundations and academic institutions on some of the most high-profile issues of our time. From local to global campaigns, we help our clients advocate for women’s reproductive health, rights and justice; immigrant rights; clean energy; criminal justice reform and much more. Whether pitching to news media, preparing for a breaking news moment or planning a launch months ahead of time, our team is at the ready.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Do you have a personal commitment to social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change? Are you a strategist who can be a trusted voice for our clients? Do you have a track record of building relationships with reporters and experience managing and executing strategic communications campaigns?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
As a Senior Account Executive on our Issue Advocacy team, you will...
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- Conduct strategic and thorough media outreach to land stories for our clients, including building and maintaining strong media relationships
- Monitor the media to identify opportunities to insert our clients into the news cycle, and build and maintain press lists that demonstrate a strong understanding of the reporters and outlets covering our clients' issues
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to evaluate the impact of our clients' work; analyze the positioning of our clients relative to their competitors; and better understand how our clients' target audiences behave, relate to our clients' work, and speak about our clients' issues
- Contributes and develops ideas, strategies and tactics to support strategic communications
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning and local, state, or national politics
Our ideal candidate...
- Has 4+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, progressive politics, journalism, or a related field.
- Is an avid consumer of news. You have a strong news sense and knowledge of the media.
- Has strong written and oral communications skills
- Has facility with language and concepts related to the economy, federal and state policy, and business
- Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 9 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Weekly assortments of fresh and healthy snacks, beverages, and even cold brew coffee on tap
- Company-sponsored and employee-driven events and activities
BerlinRosen is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BerlinRosen will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.