BerlinRosen is a leading national progressive public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named the number one most powerful PR firm in the country by Observer in 2018, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 170 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In California, our National Public Affairs team works with labor unions, foundations, nonprofits and civil rights and racial equity groups on issues related to racial, economic and environmental justice. We help our clients improve the lives of working people, raise wages, address inequality in our economy and political system and hold some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and communities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This position provides a unique opportunity to play a role on a talented and motivated team working on local issues in Los Angeles, issues and clients throughout California, and with major national progressive organizations on some of the highest-profile issues of our time.
In California, our team works with labor unions, foundations, nonprofits and civil rights and racial equity groups on issues related to racial, economic and environmental justice. We help our clients improve the lives of working people, raise wages, address inequality in our economy and political system and hold some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and communities.
As an Account Supervisor on our National Public Affairs team, you will...
- Lead projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters covering politics, racial and economic justice, and the environment
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
Our ideal candidate...
- Has 4-6+ years of relevant work experience in progressive politics, strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism, or a related field. Experience in racial and economic justice and entertainment a plus.
- Is an avid consumer of news. You have a strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly in Los Angeles and California
- Has strong written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- Understands how to win issue-based campaigns to advance progressive values
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning, writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles etc.), local, state, or national politics, and how to engage with members of the media for both rapid response and long lead stories
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 9 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Weekly assortments of fresh and healthy snacks, beverages, and even cold brew coffee on tap
- Company-sponsored and employee-driven events and activities
BerlinRosen is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BerlinRosen will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.