Note: This position is not available at this time. However, we are accepting applications for future openings. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will be in touch if/when a role becomes available that is a match to your background and qualifications. We kindly ask that you do not call or email to check on the status of your application.

ABOUT BERLINROSEN 

Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors. 

People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. 

ABOUT THE CITIES AND REAL ESTATE TEAM

Our Cities & Real Estate practice helps visionary companies in real estate, infrastructure, affordable housing, hospitality, architecture and design who are shaping the future of cities. 

We are working on some of the most notable development, transportation and infrastructure projects in NYC and around the country, including Wythe Hotel, One Vanderbilt, the World Trade Center complex, the Virginia Tech Innovation Campus and Domino Park and support some of the biggest names in the industry, including Brookfield, SL Green, Oxford Properties, Waterfront Alliance and New York Building Congress.

With a team of over 25 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.

We are news junkies, publicists, urbanites, former campaigners, journalists, government and policy pros, and expert communications professionals obsessed with developing the future of major cities. 

Now, we are looking for an Account Coordinator to join our team.

ABOUT THIS ROLE

This position provides a unique opportunity to begin building a career with a talented and motivated team working on an exciting mix of projects and issues facing the future of New York and cities around the country.  You will support a variety of strategic communications plans by owning media relations, project management and writing tasks. The position is ideal for candidates with internship or other relevant experience in strategic communications, journalism, real estate, or government. Excellent writing and organizational skills are a must. 

Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and our teams are working from home. This role may require presence in New York, NY prior to our offices reopening, depending on client needs. 

ACCOUNTABILITIES

As an Account Coordinator on the Cities & Real Estate team, you will...

• Implement strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile accounts
  • Pitch and place media stories across local, regional and national outlets 
  • Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
  • Oversee day-to-day communications with clients, including staffing weekly calls, developing press recaps and participating in crisis communications, as necessary
  • Manage work streams across multiple accounts and focus areas, including public affairs, corporate communications and hospitality / lifestyle

OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS...

• Internship or other relevant experience in strategic communications 
  • Interest in PR around urbanism and cities, including for NYC Real Estate companies
  • Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
  • Attention to detail
  • Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
  • Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
  • Excellent writing skills are a must 
  • A sense of humor!

WORKING AT BERLINROSEN

BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:

• A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
  • A competitive salary based on leading market rates
  • 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
  • Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
  • 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
  • Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
  • 10 paid bank holidays
  • Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
  • Mobile Phone Reimbursement
  • A stipend to support your work-from-home setup

Apply for this Job

* Required

BerlinRosen Voluntary & Anonymous Demographics Survey

At BerlinRosen, we are continuously working to expand our work environment to be as diverse and inclusive of as many perspectives as possible. Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to fill out this survey, the responses will be collected in aggregate only to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process. Your responses, or lack thereof,  will not in any way be associated with your application or candidate details, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment, and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision. 

I currently identify my gender as:

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply):

Veteran Status:

I have a disability.

I identify as currently living with the following disabilities:

I identify as a first-generation college graduate.

I identify as LGBTQIA+.