The Berlin-based vertical commerce company Berlin Brands Group, founded as Chal-Tec GmbH in 2005 by Peter Chaljawski, has been successfully producing and selling products for consumers in the area of home & living, consumer electronics, sound & light and sports since 2005 and is one of Germany's top-selling digital companies. The largest and best-known brands are Klarstein for household appliances, auna for audio equipment and Capital Sports for home fitness.
- You cooperate with our project leaders and product owners in order to manage our software requirements.
- You take part in the development of backend web applications using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks.
- You are actively involved in maintenance projects and suggest architectural improvements for our 60+ websites.
- You ensure high quality code through the planning and execution of automated tests.
- You build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs.
- You proactively share your ideas to improve our systems, development practices and agile development process.
- You have experience with a modern PHP 7 tech stack (PHP 3+ years, Composer, MVC frameworks, CI/CD pipelines).
- You have practical experience developing RESTful APIs
- You know how to build and run “12-Factor Apps”
- You have deep knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, as well ORM frameworks such as Doctrine.
- You feel comfortable performing unit and integration tests.
- Ideally, you have worked in building scalable distributed products and practical experience with Caching;
- Experience working in e-commerce and knowledge of shop systems (esp. Oxid Sales) is a big plus
- You are passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code and actively keeping the quality of the code base in check
- Challenging projects with plenty of ownership in one of Europe's leading e-commerce companies
- Flexible working hours and a modern office in the heart of Berlin (Spittelmarkt)
- Company benefits such as public transport ticket grant, 30% discount on products from our own shop and employer's contribution to the company pension plan
- Daily fresh fruits and vegetables as well as drinks and various health offers (physiotherapy, yoga and back training courses)
- Opportunities for professional development, language courses as well as team training and coaching