The Berlin-based vertical commerce company Berlin Brands Group, founded as Chal-Tec GmbH in 2005 by Peter Chaljawski, has been successfully producing and selling products for consumers in the area of home & living, consumer electronics, sound & light and sports since 2005 and is one of Germany's top-selling digital companies. The largest and best-known brands are Klarstein for household appliances, auna for audio equipment and Capital Sports for home fitness.
- Hire and build the local U.S. team to support reaching our aspirational goals.
- Lead the U.S. local team and collaborate closely with BBG´s headquarter cross-functional teams to make the U.S. market a success.
- Collaborate with BBG's headquarter leadership to identify projects and opportunities in a progressive and systematic fashion.
- Close coordination with BBG's Headquarter cross-functional teams is very important as together you will be identifying processes that should be adopted from Europe and those, that need to be localized or build up entirely.
- Establish a scalable operational infrastructure while also accelerating our growth through M&A and partnerships.
- Build scalable processes by making use of data, automation and AI.
- Lead, structure and negotiate deals and contracts, and bring them to actual operational success.
- Allow for accurate & timely reporting of financial results compliant with U.S. tax and labour laws.
- Keep a holistic view of the business: this requires a solid understanding of and focus on the entire value chain of the business, from forecasting and purchasing, supply chain and distribution networks, customer satisfaction, sales and marketing to after sales service and return.
- 8+ years of experience in leadership positions including VP or C-Level roles in e-commerce companies in the U.S.
- Ideally 4+ years of experience in a D2C or Amazon focused businesses
- Deep understanding of the U.S. e-commerce & retail market
- Highly driven, exceptional strategic thinking and entrepreneurial execution abilities
- Superior analytical and problem solving capacity with experience in successfully navigating within a matrix of different environments
- Relationship builder with winning communication and excellent presentation skills
- Tolerance for ambiguity and entrepreneurial can-do mentality
- Ability to steer and manage projects with multiple workstreams over a wide variety of functional business problems, ideally with proven successes in the past
- Great add-on would be experience in post-merger integrations
- Significant experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work
- Challenging tasks in a top management team consisting of experienced and successful entrepreneurs.
- High level of of responsibility and codetermination of the company’s strategy and targets.
- A leading position in an exciting and economically sustainable and growing e-commerce company.
- International teams full of motivated and qualified coworkers.
- Opportunities for professional development, language courses as well as team training and coaching.