The Berlin-based vertical commerce company Berlin Brands Group, founded as Chal-Tec GmbH in 2005 by Peter Chaljawski, has been successfully producing and selling products for consumers in the area of home & living, consumer electronics, sound & light and sports since 2005 and is one of Germany's top-selling digital companies. The largest and best-known brands are Klarstein for household appliances, auna for audio equipment and Capital Sports for home fitness.
- We are looking for an experienced and passionate corporate strategy leader to accelerate our growth through M&A, partnerships and joint ventures.
- You will help shape our growth strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with partners, drive the sourcing, negotiation, execution and integration of our strategic opportunities globally, via buy or build trade-offs.
- You are a hands-on leader with highly analytical skills, outstanding strategic thinking, inspiring communication skills and a vast experience in transactions and negotiations.
- You will be reporting to the BBG C-Level and become a member of BBG’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Accelerate our global growth through M&A, partnerships and joint ventures.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic and routine fashion.
- Develop an ongoing flow of ideas that is aligned with our overall corporate strategy.
- Source, evaluate and execute inorganic growth opportunities across all business dimensions.
- Continuous performing of detailed competitor diligence on their value proposition, market positioning, differentiation, firm growth, and trajectory.
- Build a broad network and knowledge in the relevant spaces to spot opportunities on their rise and serve as an internal advisor to stakeholders on strategy and tactics.
- Manage global industry engagement and deal/investment relationships with Investment Banking firms, M&A advisors, brokers and external advisors.
- Lead and negotiate deals, their structuring and lead their due diligence.
- Work closely with our legal team, finance team and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the Post Merger Integration for these acquisitions.
- Build scalable processes by making use of automation.
- Hire and build your team.
- 8+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, strategy or corporate development.
- Ideally 4+ years in an operating business in corporate development or similar role.
- Highly driven, exceptional strategic thinking and entrepreneurial execution.
- Relationship builder with winning communication and excellent presentation skills.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with experience successfully navigating a matrix of different environments.
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Significant experience in leading cross-functional teams to execute all aspects of transactions including direct experience in M&A, negotiation, execution, diligence, corporate governance structures and financial modelling.
- Experience in leading Post Merger Integrations.
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work.
- For you this is a once-in-a-lifetime challenge in a top-notch team of experienced and successful managers and entrepreneurs.
- Company benefits such as 30% discount on products from our own shop and employer's contribution to the company pension plan.
- Immediate responsibility and full ownership for strategic business-decisions on a global scale.
- A managing position in one of europe’s most exciting sustainably high growth rate companies.
- You will be supported by a team of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues.
- Opportunities for professional development, language courses as well as team training and coaching.
- An international and dynamic working environment; We celebrate success together at numerous company events.