Secret Escapes operate a range of bespoke software and providing solutions to internal users is key to our success. As an Application Support Engineer, you will be responsible primarily for software development, with a mission of eliminating support requests. You’ll also be responsible for providing third line support for our software to internal teams.
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for hard working self starters to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to be hands-on and we're all genuinely passionate about our brand.
- Identifying and building solutions to eliminate repeat requests
- Improving existing systems and automating processes
- Working within agile frameworks to deliver software
- Responding to and prioritising requests raised through Zendesk
- Advising and assisting our customer support team with escalated customer requests
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Collaborating with third parties working with our platform
- Promoting and maintaining support documentation / knowledge base
What we are looking for:
- People focused and get a kick out of delivering solutions
- A passion for complex problem solving and technical challenges
- An aptitude to learn and assimilate new technologies quickly
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting application code
- Process automation and scripting skills
Things you should know about us:
We are a diverse department, and teams are made up of developers spread across different locations: London and Bristol (UK); Berlin (Germany); Poznan (Poland); and Skopje (Macedonia). We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack and Google Hangouts which gives us the flexibility to work from almost any location.
Continuous improvement is a key principle of the team and it's important that everyone is always improving both technically and professionally. The business supports development through individual development plans and personal budget for training.
For more info on the tech team and a look behind the scenes, check out the tech careers page here
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.