- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed work with product owners, architects, and designers. Discuss and influence product architecture to increase developer agility while retaining architectural sanctity.
- Provide technical expertise while planning to help clarify requirements, plan out potential implementations, and measure success.
- Plan, balance, and execute sprints containing bug fixes, feature requests, and new product development
- Ensure quality of one or more codebases and alignment with development standards
- Ensure all the developed software are adequately tested and meet Berkadia standards.
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies for software to be developed / under development.
- Remove tactical impediments and drive resolution of issues while ensuring continued focus on incremental business value – within teams and across teams.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all products and the platform and how they fit into the overall system.
- Make Berkadia a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way.
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience. An avid curious learner.
- At least 12 years of professional software engineering experience
- Should have at least 8 years of development experience in Salesforce
- At least a year experience managing and mentoring a team of 3-5 software engineers.
- Must have multiple Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Platform Developer, Salesforce App Builder, Salesforce Administrator etc.. )
- Must have exposure to multiple Salesforce implementations
- Good to have knowledge on Heroku Integration
- Hands-on data migrations & data cleansing by using Data Loader or any other Salesforce tools
- Experience in Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud(Pardot) & Experience cloud implementations with Lightning Experience
- Understanding of Salesforce governor limits coding and configuration best practices
- Experience in Salesforce security model and User management/ License Management strategy
- Integration’s experience and related security aspects. Consuming 3rd party API's and exposing REST API's from Salesforce
- Understand and utilize Salesforce strategies the technical standards, specifications and policies that are supported within the Salesforce ecosystem
- Hands on with professional software development tools for source control, IDEs, unit testing, security testing, and so on.
- Understands design patterns, scaling, reliability, and maintenance trade-offs. Focus on Quality.
- Experience of developing software based on domain driven design.
- Expertise in all the aspects of software engineering including planning, estimation, tracking and reporting.
- Proficiency and experience in agile software development practices as well as DevOps (CI/CD)
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide direction, performance management, identify developmental needs and provide mentoring to employees.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt / flexible to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is an industry leading commercial real estate company providing comprehensive capital solutions and investment sales advisory and research services for multifamily and commercial properties. Berkadia is amongst the largest, highest rated and most respected primary, master and special servicers in the industry.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other status protected under the law.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. Our culture is driven by our core values: https://www.berkadia.com/about/vision-and-values.
To know more about Berkadia, please visit our website https://www.berkadia.com/aboutus/