Data Research Analyst
At Berkadia we are redefining the industry with long-term investments in people and technology that deliver actionable insights and create the best customer experience. From acquisition to disposition, we service all commercial property types including multifamily, retail, office, industrial, affordable housing, seniors housing, hotels, student housing, and manufactured housing.
As a Data Research Analyst, you will be at the center of building Berkadia's platform driven by data that enables us to redefine this industry. You will be working directly with the Data Quality team and with your data research skills contributing to strengthen the quality assurance process to measure and improve the quality of data from conceptual to a strategic and tactical perspective. This position will be reporting directly to the Data Research Lead under the Data Governance Office.
Essential Duties (Primary Responsibilities) include the following:
- Conduct data research of companies in the commercial real estate industry
- Leverage research findings to create and modify information in the data management platform either manually or through an interface
- Review datasets to enhance data quality through research and manual tasks such as fuzzy review, linking, mapping, cleansing and standardization etc.
- Work closely with the team leader to ensure timely and accurate data research
- Identify patterns and trends to increase the quality and integrity of the data
- Create reports/datasets to manage and communicate research findings to the stakeholders
- Work in a highly coordinated team in a culture with a rage-to-master data quality
- Demonstrate self-development by staying current with new technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to organization policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem-solving skills and reporting skills
- Other tasks as assigned
What someone will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with Data Collection, Research and Data Entry
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Attention to details and understanding of data quality
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Spirit of collaboration - we don't work in isolation, and our work must serve the wider organization
Preferred, if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or MBA
- Advanced Excel or SQL
- Research experience on real estate databases such as LoopNet, LexisNexis, Yardi, Axiom, CoStar
- Willingness to work in shifts to support the US offices
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is an industry leading commercial real estate company providing comprehensive capital solutions and investment sales advisory and research services for multifamily and commercial properties. Berkadia is amongst the largest, highest rated and most respected primary, master and special servicers in the industry.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other status protected under the law.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. Our culture is driven by our core values: https://www.berkadia.com/about/vision-and-values.
To know more about Berkadia, please visit our website https://www.berkadia.com/aboutus/