Are you seeking an opportunity to grow your skills and build your career while shaping the future of the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) industry? If so, consider applying for Berkadia’s Rotational Analyst Program (RAP)! We’re seeking Rotational Analysts to join our 2023 cohort, beginning summer of 2023, in various U.S. offices.
The Program Details
Berkadia’s RAP is changing the way the industry trains and develops CRE analysts around the many facets of the production business. As a Rotational Analyst, you’ll engage in a comprehensive onboarding experience where analysts will be introduced to:
- Berkadia’s culture;
- Client-facing business segments;
- Supporting groups and technologies;
- Berkadia employees, ranging from analysts through members of executive leadership
Once onboarding is complete, you will return to your local offices and begin a series of two, 6-month rotations in two of three production business groups -- Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, or Underwriting. You’ll play a critical role in executing and supporting business for our multi-billion-dollar capital markets platforms. Along the way, you’ll receive mentorship and coaching from a program manager, rotation manager, and peer mentor.
The Program Rotations
While supporting Investment Sales, you will primarily assist Investment Sales Advisors with client and property financial analysis and with extracting/manipulating/preparing market data. Example tasks in Investment Sales include:
- Assisting Investment Sales Advisors in preparation of investment memorandums and valuations for review by senior executives;
- Gathering market research for managers to support procurement and analysis of market rents and expenses, comparable sales, market trends, etc.;
- Preparing financial analysis and projections for acquisition and disposition opportunities so that senior executives can evaluate the financial feasibility and viability of each project;
- Analyzing P&L statements and rent rolls.
While supporting Mortgage Banking, you will focus on reviewing and evaluating new loan opportunities and serve as a key point of contact for tracking the progress of those opportunities through the loan cycle. Example tasks in Mortgage Banking include:
- Reviewing Excel-based underwriting workbooks and narrative presentations;
- Reviewing, sizing and pricing transactions with the product originations team during the quote process;
- Drafting quotes to the business and credit teams;
- Adding quotes to internal tracking (CRM) system;
- Preparing loan applications.
While supporting Underwriting, you will evaluate proposed transactions, prepare recommendations, and assist in the closing and delivery of approved loans. Example tasks in Underwriting include:
- Supporting underwriters (including Deputy Chief Underwriters and Chief Underwriter) in executing business;
- Analyzing real estate transactions, which includes assisting in the collection and review of loan due diligence materials, the generation of underwriting pro forma cash flows, identifying and evaluating risks and mitigants associated with a proposed transaction, and preparing formal presentations for loan committee;
- Assisting in all aspects of deal processing from application through underwriting and closing to delivery of the loan to servicing and/or investor;
- Coordinating and monitoring loan underwriting tasks performed by offshore resources as well as external third parties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work product.
Upon completing the 12-month rotational period, you will partner with local and program leadership to identify permanent placement into Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, or Underwriting as determined by career interest, performance, and office needs.
What you will need to be successful for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to manage expectations, informing stakeholders of potential delays due to conflicting priorities;
- Can-do, proactive attitude that can mean making suggestions and giving options rather than waiting for answers;
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.