Underwriting Analysts play a critical role at Berkadia supporting multi-billion-dollar lending platforms. The Underwriting Analyst will help analyze proposed transactions, prepare formal recommendations, and assist in the closing and delivery of approved loans to necessary constituents. A candidate with the desire to learn and grow will have the opportunity to advance within the team and company overall.
What it takes to be successful in this role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- One to three years previous experience
- Excellent organizational, analytic, and quantitative skills, detail oriented and possess a high level of initiative.
- Knowledge of cash flow analysis and exposure to commercial real estate preferred.
- Technology Experience with MS Office, especially Excel with prior experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to interface with team members, work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
- Support underwriters (including deputy chief underwriters and chief underwriter) execute business.
- Analyze multifamily real estate transactions, which includes assisting in the collection and review of loan due diligence materials, the generation of underwriting pro forma cash flows, identifying and evaluating risks and mitigates associated with a proposed transaction, and preparing formal presentations for loan committee.
- Assist in all aspects of deal processing from application through underwriting and closing to delivery of the loan to servicing and/or investor.
- Coordinate and monitor loan underwriting tasks performed by offshore resources as well as external third parties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work product.
- Perform site inspections of collateral associated with proposed loans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.