At Berkadia, our Accountants play a critical role in delivering an exceptional and smooth experience for our clients, partners, and employees. Berkadia has an immediate opportunity for you to use your relationship-building skills, attention to detail, and previous experience in a general accounting position to support and assist our Director of Finance & Accounting with the responsibilities outlined below.
- Daily review and processing of deal closing wires to ensure accurate accounting of deal fees.
- Daily posting of deal closing entries.
- Review, save, download, and update files for each deal closing.
- Maintain commission calculation schedules.
- Review, reconcile, and distribute the weekly fee and production report.
- Review and approve fees and commissions in PeopleSoft HR for advisors.
- Verify the weekly commission and compensation schedule provided by the payroll and compensation team.
- Maintain broker receivable schedules and communicate the appropriate commission deductions to the payroll and compensation team.
- Review and process expense reimbursements for advisors.
- Review entries prepared by others for accuracy and post to the general ledger.
- General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Complete month end accounting processes.
- Oversee and backup accounts payable functions.
- Complete other duties and provide support to other team members as required.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Minimum one year of experience working in a general accounting role required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles, and practices.
- Previous experience working with a general ledger, posting journal entries, administrating cash transactions, reconciling information and participating in the monthly close process.
- Proficiency with Excel required.
- Experience with Workday Financials, Peoplesoft or Salesforce desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.