Manager Software Engineering
The Manager, Software Engineering will provide technical leadership within the team responsible for architecting, adapting, and implementing software solutions that support enterprise-wide business strategies and objectives. You will work closely with internal clients and other technology teams to design and delivery the technology roadmap that supports Berkadia's Servicing Division and external banking partners.
What you will get to do:
- Work with stakeholders on a long-term roadmap and vision as well as break down requirements during implementation.
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed work with product owners, architects, and designers. Discuss and influence product architecture to increase developer agility while retaining architectural sanctity.
- Work with stakeholders and product owners to ensure development of high-quality software that complies with all architecture and engineering standards; and delivers incremental value to business.
- Provide technical expertise while planning to help clarify requirements, plan out potential implementations, and measure success.
- Manage software development work to create new products and maintain existing applications to create value for users and customers.
- Influence, guide and motivate software engineers to meet product development plans, cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- Ensure all the developed software are adequately tested and meet Berkadia standards.
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety of features.
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies for software to be developed / under development.
- Remove tactical impediments and drive resolution of issues while ensuring continued focus on incremental business value – within teams and across teams.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all products and the platform and how they fit into the overall system.
- Support preparation of Engineering Roadmap. Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Hire, retain, and grow strong talent to build a highly capable, high performance team.
- Assess team members’ skills and provide resources for self-development.
- Supervise and assign work to software engineers and manages and assess their performance.
- Regularly communicate team progress internally and evangelize progress and opportunities to a wider audience including management and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7-10 years of professional software engineering experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing and mentoring a team
- Technical proficiency is required in the following: RPG IV (ILE RPG, RPGLE), CL (Control Language), DB2, SQL for DB2 (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers) and FTP.
- Experience in areas among the following: IBM i V7R1 OS and higher, SSO \ Kerberos configuration, SEE/Change, HTML, XML, WebSphere 8.5+; Open JPA, JSF;
- Knowledge of IBM Power \ AS400 hardware and IBM i replication software (CDC and QEDD)
- Experience with developing Web Services, APIs and ETL process
- Understands design patterns, scaling, reliability, and maintenance trade-offs
- Expertise in all the aspects of software engineering including planning, estimation, tracking and reporting.
- Proficiency and experience in agile software development practices
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide clear direction, performance management, identify developmental needs and provide mentoring and counseling to employees.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt / flexible to a rapidly changing environment.
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.