Senior Database Administrator
The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical database systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate legacy and cloud applications. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the database environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, and performance) in support of multiple systems and development teams.
- Manage database systems through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Performs capacity planning and projection for future growth.
- Provide leadership and mentor junior dba’s
- Work directly with cross-functional teams resolving data and database related issues.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Share domain and technical expertise with other team members.
- On-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively with international teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Kanban / Scrum)
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities
- Ability to clearly and concisely document table mappings/layouts or data dictionaries for technical and non-technical audiences.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science or information technology related major preferred or equivalent experience in a related field
- 10+ years of experience with relational databases (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS)
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Cloud services (RDS, EC2, DMS, Aurora and Dynamo DB)
- Expertise in database tuning, IOPS tuning, Instance class tuning, sql optimization.
- Experience in Cloud security (public vs private).
- Experience in Database security and encryption.
- Experience in Dynamic Data Masking.
- Experience configuring Availability Groups.
- Experience creating multiple files and multiple filegroups.
- Experience in supporting Physical to Virtual conversions on-prem.
- Experience with disaster recovery protocols, including mirroring and always on
- Experience with replication, backup and restore
- Experience with reporting services, integration services, and analysis services
- Experience supporting Development Teams as a DBA resource
- Experience working with Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.