Help Desk Engineer
The Help Desk Engineer will provide in-person and virtual technical support to internal clients. Our team strives to provide high touch white glove support for all hardware and software including enterprise and proprietary software.
- Provide computer hardware and software support to users through personal visitation, software or telephony related means
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace defective computer hardware
- Provide remote support for incoming calls and mobile end users
- Research, document, resolve and respond to technical questions
- Assist in the imaging and deployment of desktop and laptop computers
- Assist in the documentation of technology related assets
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources
- Update customer data and produce activity reports
- Walk customers through problem solving process
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of any IT related requests through centralized ticketing system
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services
- Contributing resource to the Helpdesk phone queue and manage calls from internal users seeking IT support from any Berkadia location
- Provide on-site IT assistance and support in a high visibility/client facing office location
- Assist locally with maintaining and troubleshooting conference room equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac OSX
- Proficient in cloud-based technologies
- Proficient on Apple, Android and Windows mobile devices
- Microsoft, CompTIA, Apple Certifications (preferred but not required)
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide support to all level of employees
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.