At Berkadia, our Event Managers play an integral role on the Event Team within the Corporate Marketing department as we seek to innovate through an expansive strategic event program. Berkadia has an immediate opportunity for an experienced professional to join us.
Using your related industry knowledge, relationship-building skills, attention to detail and planning strength, you will be responsible for partnering with internal clients and driving brand experience through creative development of a variety of events. As a member of our Event Management Team, you will help to strengthens brand awareness through the delivery of consistent event experiences both company and industry wide. You must have the ability to think outside the box, with high style, standards and demonstrate a willingness to support all elements of the event, regardless of size, scope, or forum, through end-to-end program management.
This opportunity is located at Berkadia’s corporate headquarters in Ambler, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia and will be required to work both in the office, as well as travel up to 70% of the time.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Experience developing and managing all aspects of Tier 1 events; National Sales Meetings, Incentive Programs (CEO Circle etc.), VIP Client Experiences, Large Industry Conferences (NMHC, NIC, AHF Live! MBA/CFEF or similar) etc.
- Design and develop strategic recommendations with Corporate Marketing and Event Hosts on event concept including goals, objectives, creative vision, budget, ROI and desired outcomes.
- Lead as project manager guiding and advising internal team members and colleagues, as well as external partners associated with event development and execution, including development of project timeline, audience profile, budget, content, registration, attendee experience, onsite logistics and collateral.
- Responsible for all aspects of program management including venue selections, site inspections, contract negotiations, hotel management, food & beverage selections, audio/visual needs, invitation materials, meeting agenda, promotional items, and attendee reimbursements.
- Develop communication timeline, cadence, and content for all events; sharing relevant details with those who need them, communicating in a timely, succinct manner
- Coordinate all print and electronic materials for program, including but not limited to: invitation/registration, nametags, presentations, etc. for events.
- Manage all production elements including production schedules and timelines, venue research & management, travel & transportation management, premiums, on-site branding elements, menu, talent, and activities.
- Oversee development, design, and execution of events throughout all stages of planning: conduct venue and premium research, arrange site visits, submit creative briefs, assist with preparation for weekly meetings with partners, develop staffing plans for on-site support and post-event recaps.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams to ensure brand alignment and successful outcomes.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Minimum five years experience as an Event Manager or similar position required.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent required (Marketing, Communications or Business-related field of study preferred).
- Proficient CVENT expertise required.
- Project management and event leadership required.
- CMP highly desirable.
- Excels in fast-paced environment and rises to the occasion, maintaining calm under pressure and stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and events simultaneously and work well when faced with deadlines, doing so with a positive, can-do, client centric attitude.
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency, knowing when to escalate at risk items and adjusting priorities to mitigate risks and delays.
- Results oriented, identifying what needs to be done and proactively initiates the steps to do so.
- Commits to results, maintains commitment, and conducts oneself with integrity, excellence and hospitality standards.
- Confident can-do attitude with a strong ability to be proactive to meet the needs of assigned groups are satisfied and any corrective actions are taken when needed.
- Actively participates in meetings and encourages others to do the same, sharing ideas and fostering a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Delivers presentations and communicates articulately and persuasively to all audiences.
- Exceptionally organized, focused, and detailed oriented.
- Able to interpret information from multiple sources to make decisions.
- Informed and remains update on industry information, competition, industry, market for events as well as commercial real estate industries.
- Always maintains professional decorum, and when interacting with internal and externals clients and vendors.
Submission of Portfolio, including sample of recent work will be required for the consideration process.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.