The Real Estate Analyst, GSE Small Loans will work with credit and production to manage the origination and underwriting process for Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Small Loans ($750k - $7.5MM in select markets).
- Provide initial review of deal opportunities and recommend best course of action and product execution
- Work closely with agency contacts to obtain the necessary waivers and approvals (if necessary)
- Analyze and review borrower credit information and structure, third party reports, property financial and physical information to determine deal viability
- Perform site inspection due diligence to evaluate market competitiveness of the proposed collateral and to determine economic feasibility of the projected income stream
- Prepare underwriting narratives and independent cash flow value estimates
- Present recommendations to the appropriate approval committee, including all key documentation (term sheets, applications, commitments, credit memos, etc.)
- Manage and train a dedicated team of analysts
- Communicate consistently with Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking production network and manage borrower clients through the approval and closing process
- Manage the closing process and deliver the necessary documents and loan information to Berkadia’s servicing team and agencies
- Educate Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking production network on agency requirements and available loan products for small loans
- Work collaboratively with the Mortgage Banking production network to market the various loan products to their borrower clients
- Conduct and participate in customer meetings and conference calls
- Other duties as assigned.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Proficient in financial analysis and risk mitigation
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage expectations of both internal and external customers
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to continually evolving technology
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.