VP - Enterprise Risk Management
Working at the direction of the SVP, Chief Risk, Compliance & Information Security Officer, the Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management will manage the operation and advancement of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program across the Company to ensure its integration with business activities and that it effectively mitigates and manages identified risks. This role influences and aligns stakeholders in identifying and mitigating risks throughout the organization to ensure processes and practices related to the ERM framework are consistent and scalable across the business.
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide risk assessments to identify and monitor the Company’s risks, identifying risk-return tradeoffs, internal and external risks, operational and strategic risks, emerging risks, risk interdependencies/relationships, and industry trends; Develop risk inventory, ranking criteria and prioritize the most significant enterprise risks to establish a risk profile of top risks.
- Prepare, develop and implement risk mitigation plans, review and document processes and the effectiveness of corresponding controls; driving the continuous improvement and maturity of the ERM program to ensure that Berkadia has an effective control framework; and control gaps are identified and remediated in an appropriate time frame.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and establish Risk Owners and other resources to manage the top risk profiles, develop risk action plans for mitigation and monitor their implementation and progress with cross functional stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain ERM dashboard, to report top risks, trends, analysis, mitigation plans and risk management program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to perform ERM duties, such as identifying and assessing risk; developing, monitoring, and testing key controls and mitigation plans, reporting, and related analysis.
- Continually monitor, assess and communicate emerging risks throughout the organization to evaluate the impact of potential new risks.
- Share company risk management program information with business functions to ensure consistent understanding of risks, application of risk methodologies, and integration with business decision-making.
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Risk Management/related or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in Risk Management/related functions
- Experience designing and implementing Enterprise Risk Management programs
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management theory, frameworks and their application
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities both to work collaboratively and to influence others
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills, able to present complex issues simply and to reach audiences with different perspectives
- Proven ability to influence business leadership and leverage relationships to drive results throughout the organization
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills
- Strong decision-making skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines, uses data to drive decisions
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.