*This opportunity only applies to spring 2022 graduates from a bachelor or master’s program*
Berkadia’s Rotational Analyst Program will completely change the way that Berkadia trains and develops its analysts around the many facets of its Commercial Real Estate production business. Shortly after joining Berkadia in their local offices, the Analyst will spend two weeks at Berkadia’s corporate office in Ambler, PA for a “Bootcamp” style comprehensive onboarding, where analysts will take deep dives into Berkadia’s culture, client-facing business segments, supporting groups and technologies, and will get valuable time with Berkadia employees from analysts through members of executive leadership. Once the onboarding is complete, the Analyst will return to their local office and begin a series of three six-month rotations though the Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, and Underwriting groups.
Across Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, and Underwriting, the Analyst will play a critical role in executing and supporting business for our multi-billion-dollar capital markets platforms. While supporting Investment Sales, the Analyst will primarily assist Investment Sales Advisors with client and property financial analysis and with extracting/manipulating/preparing market data. Example tasks in Investment Sales include:
- Assist Investment Sales Advisors in preparation of investment memorandums and valuations for review by senior executives;
- Assist market research managers in procuring and analyzing market rents and expenses, comparable sales, market trends, etc.;
- Assist in financial analysis and projections for acquisition and disposition opportunities so that senior executives can evaluate the financial feasibility and viability of each project;
- Break down and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls.
While supporting Mortgage Banking, the Analyst will focus on reviewing and evaluating new loan opportunities and serve as a key point of contact for tracking the progress of those opportunities through the loan cycle. Example tasks in Mortgage Banking include:
- Review of Excel-based underwriting workbooks and narrative presentations;
- Review, size and price transactions with the product originations team during the quote process;
- Draft quotes to the business and credit teams;
- Add quotes to internal tracking (CRM) system;
- Prepare loan applications.
While supporting Underwriting, the Analyst will help evaluate proposed transactions, prepare recommendations, and assist in the closing and delivery of approved loans. Example tasks in Underwriting include:
- Support underwriters (including Deputy Chief Underwriters and Chief Underwriter) in executing business;
- Analyze real estate transactions, which includes assisting in the collection and review of loan due diligence materials, the generation of underwriting pro forma cash flows, identifying and evaluating risks and mitigants associated with a proposed transaction, and preparing formal presentations for loan committee;
- Assist in all aspects of deal processing from application through underwriting and closing to delivery of the loan to servicing and/or investor;
- Coordinate and monitor loan underwriting tasks performed by offshore resources as well as external third parties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work product.
Upon completing the 18-month rotational period, the Analyst’s permanent placement into Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, or Underwriting will be determined based on interest, fit, performance, and office needs.
What you will need to be successful for this role
- Bachelor’s degree required upon start; business, communications, or analytical-related field of study preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to manage expectations, informing stakeholders of potential delays due to conflicting priorities;
- Can-do, proactive attitude that can mean making suggestions and giving options rather than waiting for answers;
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.