The objective function of product management is to create customer and business value. Everything we do revolves around these to singular objectives – helping our customers make progress in their lives and jobs and doing it in such a way that redIQ can get paid and make a return on investment. The role of a product manager encompasses everything related to creating customer and business value and includes being a voice of the customer and market, working closely with team members from other disciplines and providing leadership and service.
- Acting as a voice of our customer and market. To be effective, you will continually interact with clients and users, participate in industry conferences, interact with sales and marketing and be versed in all aspects of our customers jobs and the progress our customers are looking to make to achieve success.
- Agile delivery. Value is ultimately realized when a solution that addresses unique needs are pulled into the lives of our customers. To be able to do this affectively, the underlying principles of agile have to be understood, practices and taught to others. It is critical that we work collaboratively, in cross functional teams to 1) get to working software rapidly, 2) minimize waste and overhead, 3) tackle risk early, 4) adapt and adjust to learnings and 5) organize in such a way that dependencies and minimized. An understanding of different agile frameworks and what framework to employ in different circumstances is necessary.
- Research. A key responsibility will be carrying out necessary research and planning activities necessary to delivery customer value. Research activities are typically geared towards understanding user needs but can expand further to understand product positioning, competitive forces, user behavior, and more.
- Planning. Effective planning will help you and team members understand who must do what, when, for who and why. Effective planning processes create a mutual understanding among team members necessary to deliver solutions to customers. As a product manager you will be required to take on and support planning activities that will include effective and adequate documentation, the management of a backlog and roadmap, the sizing of work efforts and coordination of deliverables among different team members.
- Measuring and modeling. A key product development activity includes the capturing of data necessary to understand user behavior, formulate hypotheses for testing, understand product usage and usage trends and more. In addition to gathering data, you will also be required to model out financial assumptions and scenarios that better support one’s ability to understand what must happen for certain returns to materials.
- Sales and support. Our distribution channel is a unique asset to Berkadia that allows us to deliver technology supported solutions to clients in ways that aren’t supported in other areas of the business. Because our channel is key to creating customer and business value, product managers are required to be involved in various channel activities which include: how we create awareness of our offerings, how potential clients evaluate our offerings, how and what they do to access our offerings, and how we provide after-sales support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptionally strong finance and financial modeling skills
- Exceptionally strong market research skills including the ability to segment and quantify customer segments by various characteristics
- Organized and highly detail-oriented; accustomed to allocating sufficient time to double-check work
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships necessary to support the development of products that fully solve customer needs and problems
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional working environment
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
- Medical Dental and Vision Health Coverage
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.