Lead Software Engineer
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the software development lifecycle through planning, programming, testing, and delivering quality software for one or more teams within a product. The Lead Engineer will provide technical leadership, encourage team skill growth, and mentoring relating to team members’ career goals. The Lead Engineer promotes the discussion of product solution implementations and planning while also serving as a communication link between business-wide product teams.
- Collaborate regularly and effectively with product owners, engineers, architects, and product design to understand requirements, implement solutions, and evaluate success.
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed work with product owners, architects, and designers.
- Demonstrate general knowledge all products and the platform and how they fit into the overall system.
- Provide technical expertise while planning to help clarify requirements, plan out potential implementations, and measure success.
- Support the team(s) in delivering quality features, debugging, and incident responses.
- Work with the product leadership team to define goals with measurable key performance indicators.
- Lead the team(s) in defining, documenting, and evolving best practices.
- Seek and be receptive to feedback and coaching from the team(s).
- Offers demos, code reviews, and recommendations to help the team and others be more productive and deliver a better product.
- Advise and consult in hiring and advancement.
- Evaluate team members’ skills and provide resources for improvement.
- Set and strive toward reaching professional development goals.
- Adhere to and be an example of Berkadia values.
- Strong knowledge of coding in multiple languages.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Expert in one or more areas of web, mobile, data, or systems programming.
- Understands design patterns, scaling, reliability, and maintenance trade-offs.
- Strong knowledge of testing software from unit to integration testing as well as familiarity with TDD concepts.
- Very familiar with some of the tools and concepts we use at Berkadia, such as Node, React, Angular, Go, Docker, Microservices, Event Sourcing, and Git.
- Collaborate effectively on projects with technical and non-technical team members.
- A strong desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Listens and values others’ input.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ year of relevant experience
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.