About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
OUR PURPOSE AND CORE VALUES
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- BE BOLD! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- BE INSPIRED! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- BE REAL! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for planning and implementing complete information technology solutions for the company. The department implements the governance for the use of network and operating systems as well as providing the company with the functionality it needs. IT can be broken into three major functions: Governance, Infrastructure, and Functionality. Governance refers to the operational parameters for use of the IT system and networks. The Infrastructure refers to the hardware components necessary to make the IT system function. Finally, the Functionality is the most apparent task, involving creating and maintaining applications, securing and storing data, and assisting with software issues.
We are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist who will be responsible for providing technical assistance to end-users in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be able to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues, assist with network troubleshooting, and provide support for desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals. Additionally, the Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for maintaining accurate documentation of support tickets and hardware/software inventory.
- Provide initial technical support to end-users via phone, email, and in-person
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and A/V issues
- Assist in resolving network issues through interaction with 3rd party support
- Install and configure desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals
- Support Microsoft Office Suite, Windows operating systems, and other standard desktop applications
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of support tickets and hardware/software inventory
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with end-users
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate technical teams or vendors
- Conduct software and hardware testing to ensure compatibility and optimal performance
- Assist with maintaining and updating Active Directory, Group Policies, and other network services
- Provide remote support to end-users as needed
- Develop knowledge articles and standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with staff to ensure reliable operation of systems for fulfilling business objectives
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience in end user and desktop support
- Knowledge of computer and server hardware, ITSM,
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Networks
- 2-4 yrs. experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RAID, (Add/Removing Users, Modifying Permissions, working with GPO, and PowerShell)
- 2-4 years support experience Including:
- Microsoft M365/ Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Teams/SharePoint
- Workstation Imaging Software; Addigy, Autopilot
- Mac support
- Tablets and Mobile Devices – Microsoft, Apple, Android
- Workstation Encryption (Bit Locker)
- Display a wide degree of creativity and latitude; think independently and ‘outside the box’ for solutions; use familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures; rely on varied yet sometimes limited experience and your own sound judgment to accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks.
- Achieve continuing education requirements and stay current with the industry.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting complex systems and understanding network infrastructure
- Knowledge of diagnostic utilities, and ability to research a wide range of IT issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building and listening and questioning skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Create and improve documentation for processes and procedures
- Location: onsite with opportunity to work remotely as needed
- Physical Requirements involve sitting for an extended period at a desk (90%)
- Work Environment is inside office with cubical. Requires the ability to interact professionally in person and remotely with coworkers and all levels of management.
Work Hours are typically 8 hours daily Monday through Friday. Work outside of normal hours may be needed.
WE HAVE A TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE AT BENSON HILL THAT CONSISTS OF MORE THAN JUST YOUR PAYCHECK. TOTAL REWARDS AT BENSON HILL COVERS PAY (SALARY AND BONUS), HEALTH (EMPLOYER BENEFIT CONTRIBUTIONS) AND WEALTH (INVESTMENTS). SOME OF THE PERKS INCLUDE:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….