Established food and pet food company with history of growth, company provides pet food ingredients to the premium pet food market and bulk food products for export. The company is based in Grand Forks, North Dakota with food and pet food operations in Devils Lake and Crary North Dakota and annual sales of over $40 million.
Overall Responsibility: Serve as a point of contact for contract growers. Work with current known growers and search out new growers to increase DDB grower base. Work to educate producers and expand preferred grower program. Collect data from growers to support company and regulatory goals and guidelines.
- Work with management to ensure that current company policies regarding food safety are upheld (FDA and country specific).
- Work with the food safety management team to ensure that contract growers are surveilled as required to ensure that raw materials meet food safety requirements per regulations (domestic and country specific)
- Provide excellent customer service to area producers.
- Provide solid feedback to management team.
- Maintain grower contracts and adequate documentation.
- Work with the food safety team to ensure that vendor approval document is obtained for all contract growers.
- Develop marketing strategies for projects as needed to promote Dakota Dry Bean and Dakota Ingredients via website, advertisements, or other media.
- Organize promotional events at trade shows and other venues.
- Work with management in pursuits of new grower development.
- Perform miscellaneous projects as requested by management. May occasionally partner with other management team members on projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to maintain good working relationships with growers.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Drive to continually learn and develop new origination tools for Dakota Dry Bean.
- Confidence and dependability.
- Knowledge of Specialty crops, especially pulse crops
Education Requirements / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably agronomy related.