About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Accounting Department oversees the consolidated accounting and financial reporting functions of the organization. The team oversees accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems with a focus on regulatory compliance and practices.
Reflecting our corporate values, the accounting and finance team is full of professionals that are bold, inspired and real! Every day is a new challenge, and if you join this team, you will continually be looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible. We are actively seeking a Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting to join our rapidly growing team where you will be challenged to partner with business leaders in the design, implementation and management of accounting best practices as well as finding efficiencies through centralization and automation.
- Responsible for assessment and implementation of all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation and communication of all new accounting standards and general reporting trends.
- Responsible for the preparation of external financial reporting and supporting schedules, including governmental statutory reporting, and other financial reporting as required.
- Lead the design and buildout of the SEC reporting structure, including implementation and management of external reporting software solution.
- Oversee the preparation of all required SEC filings (10-Q and 10-Ks) and file them in a timely manner.
- Assist in drafting all other SEC filings (registration statements, 8-Ks).
- Assist in drafting and reviewing quarterly earnings releases.
- Management of Disclosure Committee and Certification Committee process
- Oversee preparation of consolidated and standalone financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash flows on a monthly basis.
- Perform a detailed review of Benson Hill financial reporting package including Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow variance analysis.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Present monthly financial results to the Controller and leadership at month-end.
- Prepare debt covenants calculation; assist in preparing schedules related to balance sheet hedging activities.
- Perform high level review of consolidated company performance.
- Provide business support with a process improvement mindset.
- Work closely with and manage IT accounting projects and processes.
- Manage the Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting team.
- Manage the month-end closing calendar and timeline for parent and subsidiaries.
- Lead Internal Control improvements and alignment with SOX objectives.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties.
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations for certain technical general ledger accounts.
- Ensure data integrity by reviewing and approving Accounting & Reporting Dimensions.
- Provide details and insight into financial matters while updating management of potential risks and areas of exposure.
- Prepare relevant schedules for annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- Degree in Business/Accounting (Required), plus relevant accounting experience (Big Four/public-accounting preferred)
- Prior experience managing a successful team
- CPA or CPA eligible (required)
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of SOX principles including implementation and controls
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite and iRely) and reporting systems (Hyperion/Anaplan) is a plus.
- Experience with business process, management and IT solutions
- Proficiency with Workiva preferred
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Ability to focus and work independently and to direct others
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….