About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Responsible for the sale of Benson Hill branded portfolio of refined edible oil products to existing and new accounts. Responsible for attaining sales objectives, including focusing on all key initiatives set by the company.
- Develop, manage and grow both existing and potential new accounts, leveraging the use of key internal systems for CRM and contract management.
- Provide strategic direction to broker partners to maximize sales efforts including: developing operating models for account interaction, targeting, new product launch support/execution, communication of pricing, and utilization of agency resources (culinary, test kitchen).
- Efficiently organize, manage, and facilitate internal resources including R&D, QA, Marketing (Category, Customer, Digital), Customer Solutions, and Risk Management/Commodity team to deliver best-in-class, customized customer solutions.
- Effectively work with internal pricing teams (commodity and value-added) to support new product pricing and contract renewals/updates.
- Manages expenses including T&E budget, sample approval, and distributor marketing programs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required with 2-3 years’ experience selling edible oils into foodservice, restaurant industry, ingredient companies or national/international food manufacturers. Combination of these is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be a self motivated, team player with strong critical thinking, leadership, communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and comfortable with the review and use of data and insights to guide decision making and customer strategy.
- Familiarity with use of CRM system a plus.
- Familiarity with CBOT
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….