About Benson Hill
Benson Hill (NYSE: BHIL) empowers innovators to develop more nutritious, delicious and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Corporate Affairs Department is responsible establishing the brand and brand promise for the organization as well as managing internal and external stakeholder engagement and communications in alignment with that. The team leads the communication of the company’s vision, mission and community engagement through traditional and digital communications, media relations, conferences, and internal and external stakeholder engagement. The Public Relations and Events team works to develop and refine communications goals, strategies, and tactics to strengthen Benson Hill’s reputation and ability to deliver on its business goals.
- Support an integrated strategic communications plan that raises awareness and generates customer and stakeholder interest using multiple channels, including print and digital media, conferences, etc.
- Develop messaging for both internal and external stakeholders and employees.
- Serve as an external-facing resource for strategic stakeholders, media, partners alongside or in place of the Sr. Director of Public Relations and Events.
- Write publication materials, employee communications, news releases, newsletters, prep documents, and informational materials for internal and external audiences.
- Integrate communications strategy with farmer marketing, ESG and stakeholder engagement efforts.
- Report out successes and refine communications strategy as part of a cross-functional Corporate Affairs team.
- Manage communications via earned and owned media, proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors.
- Maintain a weekly editorial calendar including media announcements, blogs, conferences, social media, etc.
- Support a media relations strategy that will enable Benson Hill to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including key influencers and stakeholders.
- Interview subject matter experts and develop original approaches for stories, pitch content and ideas and provide internal and external event coverage.
- Draft media pitches, advisories and other materials.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to craft content for use across multiple channels, including news releases, talking points and presentations.
- Engage on social media channels on behalf of the company, specifically Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Develop event strategy for conference opportunities, including social media content. Manage the planning and promotion of select events.
- Lead company tours and serve as a company ambassador and spokesperson.
- Assist with internal communications, working closely with Human Resources and other functions to perform intranet updates, coordinate all-company meetings, develop communication tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and professional development in communications, business or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of accomplished strategic communications experience of increasing scope
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including a proven record of developing compelling content for diverse audiences
- Experience working proactively with media and a passion to develop productive working relationships
- Experience functioning successfully as a writer and spokesperson
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Communications agency experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Experience with Business Wire, Cision Communications Cloud, Meta Business Suite
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….