About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Plant Manager will provide leadership support in all aspects of the facility and is responsible for all plant operations, including all Receiving, Processing and Product Shipments. As a member of the Plant Leadership Team, the Plant Manager will be an active leader and responsible for demonstrating a commitment to safety, food safety, continuous improvement, employee engagement and maintaining a cost-effective operation. This position is located in Creston, Iowa.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Reduce costs and improve efficiencies in all areas of plant operations.
- Responsible for day to day plant operations.
- Ensuring compliance with the Process Safety Management program.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
- Monitoring ongoing improvement of plant productivity, risk management, supervision of employees, production and quality.
- Oversight of planned Capital projects.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience with 5 years of management and supervisory experience in plant operations including 3 years in the soybean processing/edible oil industry or closely related field required
- Demonstrated leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Proven ability to engage and motivate hourly and salary teams
- Strong organizational skills required
- Excellent communication skills interacting with all levels of staff, including hourly workforce and senior management
- Proficiency in MS Office required. Ability to demonstrate a strong financial/business acumen is required to be successful in this role as much of the position entails meeting the budget and productivity requirements of the plant.
- Ability to work self-directed (day to day) with a high level of initiative, priority setting
- Bachelor's degree in chemical/mechanical engineering, or technical field required; MBA is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….