About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Finance Department oversees the consolidated accounting and financial planning and reporting functions of the organization. The team oversees accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems with a focus on regulatory compliance and practices.
Reflecting our corporate values, the accounting and finance team is full of professionals that are bold, inspired and real! Every day is a new challenge, and if you join this team, you will continually be looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible. We are actively seeking a Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting to join our rapidly growing team where you will be challenged to partner with business leaders in the design, implementation and management of accounting best practices as well as finding efficiencies through centralization and automation.
- Be responsible for the preparation of external financial reporting and supporting schedules, including governmental statutory reporting, and other financial reporting as required.
- Assist in preparation of the management reporting package and review of financial information included in investor relations filings.
- Draft all required SEC filings (10-Q and 10-Ks).
- Assist in drafting all other SEC filings (registration statements, 8-Ks).
- Assist in drafting and reviewing quarterly earnings releases.
- Prepare statement of cash flows, equity roll forward, WASO & EPS calculation and other PBC schedules as required.
- Coordinate required accounting valuations with third party valuation expert.
- Perform and document interim and annual impairment analysis.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of audit procedures related to financial reporting topics.
- Develop relationships and work closely with external auditors, business leaders and senior management to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner.
- Manage the quarterly Disclosure Committee and Certification Committee process
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
What we look for in this person:
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and proactive. Must have strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Extremely great attention to detail
- Excellent team player who can work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Drive process improvements in all key areas to help build an efficient team
Competencies and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is required
- Big 4 experience is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience; with a mix of SEC reporting experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge and proficient experience with Oracle NetSuite and Workiva are highly preferred.
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….