About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
We are looking for a highly energetic and value-driven candidate to join Benson Hill’s Corporate Affairs Team with a focus on farmer engagement. Farmers play a key role in our business. They grow the innovative seed we’ve designed for fast-growing ingredient markets as part of our closed-loop ingredient production system. The Director of Farmer Marketing will design and execute multi-channel marketing strategies that identify, attract and engage farmers interested in working with us to bring seed-to-fork innovation to scale. This role will collaborate extensively with Creative, Communications, our Seeds Team and others to optimize impact and efficiency. This position will be based in St. Louis.
- Develop compelling content for print, digital, and multimedia channels that drives interest in Benson Hill’s brand story and conveys the full value proposition of partnering within our production system.
- Design and execute highly targeted campaigns across traditional and digital channels to generate high potential leads.
- Track and review analytics on all farmer marketing campaigns to measure success and translate metrics to inform strategy and tactics.
- Manage and track all phases of the marketing funnel from awareness through advocacy to optimize impact and efficiency. Leverage HubSpot, Smartsheet and other sales tracking platforms for business insights.
- Create and execute a calendar of content and high-touch events with farmer influencers to amplify our reach across the U.S. soy belt.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A passion to understand and inspire the farmer partner and bring Benson Hill's brand promise to life.
- Proven marketing thought leadership with ability to think outside the box, develop bold strategies and drive to effective execution.
- Analytical thinking and the acumen to apply data and learnings to formulate a campaign strategy.
- Expertise in content analytics, SEO optimization and strong understanding of the advantages and limitations of different platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to draft copy for print, web and radio including the company website, digital campaigns, brochures, mailings, etc.
- Experience working with HubSpot and other marketing automation tools to manage and leverage marketing data.
- Experience working with agencies, radio networks and other vendors to execute phased campaigns.
- Agility to adjust to changing market conditions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Agriculture, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in leading marketing programs
- Agricultural background preferred
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….