About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
We are looking for a highly energetic and value driven candidate to join Benson Hill’s dynamic and growing Seeds organization. This candidate will represent and manage Benson Hill’s most strategic grower and partner accounts through exceptional customer service and demonstration of unique value-based propositions.... with a personal twist. This position will be based in St. Louis.
- Own full responsibility and manage grower, partner and licensee relationships for most strategic account customers
- Gain deeper understanding of grower, partner and licensee business needs and develop customized value-driven offers that build successful and sustainable business partnerships
- Develop multi-year business and go to market plans with strategic partners
- Understand the goals and objectives of the Benson Hill premium Ingredients division to imagine and propose new avenues of on farm value creation with the growers, partners and licensees in our closed loop
- Monitor seeds market environment and trends and make strategic recommendations for action
- Build solid and professional relationships based on recognized expertise and trust with customers and influencers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Agronomy, Ag Econ, or Agribusiness
- 5+ years sales experience in Agriculture
- Self-motivated, dependable and organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Committed to working toward shared goals, problem-solving and providing a consistently high level of customer service in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Able to recognize competitive activities in the marketplace and know how to effectively minimize impact without compromising profitability targets
- Excellence in value-based selling and effectively demonstrates and communicates unique value propositions
- Communicates with impact and simplicity
- Has deep and broad crop and ag business knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….