About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill is looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate Trait Discovery intern who is ready to make a difference and an impact in advancing the future of food!
Benson Hill is innovating across the plant science, food science, and data science spaces to develop the next generation of plants with superior nutritional value and in-field performance. The Trait Discovery Intern will be responsible for partnering with cross functional teammates to work on a project involving in-depth genomic data analysis. The scope of work will be tailored to the development of goals of the Discovery Intern, creating an opportunity to explore research in an industry setting.
- Prioritize top hypotheses for testing and design experiments
- Analyze large datasets and summarize conclusions
- Collaborate with teammates to provide input and get feedback on experimental design and analysis
- Prepare written documents and present findings to stake-holders
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university or college working towards a PhD in plant science, genomics, or related field.
- Excellent record keeping skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrates record of creative problem-solving