ABOUT BENSON HILL
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables.
J & J FAMILY OF FARMS is a leading produce distributor strategically positioned as a year-round national supplier since 1983. Our family of farms now grows on over 14,000 acres of farmland and operates packing and cooling facilities throughout the United States. As family farmers, we believe in sustainable and socially responsible farming practices, and in taking care of our people.
WHY WORK FOR J&J FAMILY OF FARMS?
- Competitive Compensation
- We are growing quickly and promote from within
- Immediate Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 100% Paid Teladoc Service
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation
- Company Performance Bonus
You'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You will be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering quality produce to our customers.
By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you'll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It's a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that's as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as a team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you'll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We'll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
OUR MISSION: To consistently provide the highest quality produce while delivering unparalleled service and ensuring the highest safety standards for our customers.
OUR VALUES: Attitude, Communication, Cooperation, Leadership, Integrity, Execution
TITLE: Senior Farming & Growing Accounting Manager
J&J Family of Farms is looking for a responsible Senior Farming & Grower Accounting Manager responsible for effective communication with Farm Management and Grower Partners, along with the daily processing of subsidiary ledger and general ledger, calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- Manage and lead a team of farm and grower accounts payable specialists to perform timely and consistent accounting principles
- Manage Grower Contracts reconciliations to ensure that the company comply with the terms of the contracts and report on a timely and accurate manner back to the Growers and company management.
- Ability to work on journal entries, performing calculations, general ledger account research, reconcile bank statements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, troubleshooting, farm budgeting, Forecasting 52-week Farm cashflow and 4-week grower cash flow.
- Developing relationships with vendors and customers, maintaining organized files, producing and analyzing various management reports, and other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Cost Accounting experience
- Assist Controller with Month End Close Process
- Practice proper accounting methods, policies and principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA Preferred
- 7 years General Accounting or Public Accounting experience
- 5 years Microsoft office and accounting software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Famous ERP,
- 3 years as Accounting Manager in fresh produce or related industry
WE HAVE A TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE AT BENSON HILL THAT CONSISTS OF MORE THAN JUST YOUR PAYCHECK. TOTAL REWARDS AT BENSON HILL COVERS PAY (SALARY AND BONUS), HEALTH (EMPLOYER BENEFIT CONTRIBUTIONS) AND WEALTH (INVESTMENTS). SOME OF THE PERKS INCLUDE:
- Ability to grow in fast growing company
- A collaborative environment
- Hybrid work from home/in-office
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- And more….