About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Due to the growth and expansion of the company. Benson Hill Seeds is seeking an Operations and Logistics Manager. The role will be responsible for leading in the movement of agricultural products and business operations while partnering with farmers, processors, internal/external clients, and processing plants. This role will be responsible for following company best practices while being hands-on in the logistics and operations processes. A successful candidate should thrive in a fast paced, high volume environment in the agricultural space. This role will be located at our office in Bondurant. Iowa.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Lead and assist in identifying the best 3rd party carriers to deliver the business, fulfillment and shipping of orders, point of contact for the field staff for shipping status.
- Collaborate with the Benson Hill Seeds, sales, ingredients and operations teams, along with processors and growers, to coordinate timelines of seed and grain movement.
- Fulfillment of orders and coordinate and schedule deliveries to growers, customers, and processors.
- Collaborate with Benson Hill Seeds Warehouse manager and inventory role is critical for success
- Lead and coordination the seed production sample program
- Negotiate freight, weights, and terms as needed
- Process truck, rail, and container shipments of various products
- Liaise between managers and growers, as well as collaborate with other departments to optimize transportation services and our growers’ experience
- Assist in building out forecast of processing plan and needs
- Implement and improve policies, best practices, and procedures regarding company logistics
- Identify, review, and analyze transportation costs, delivery processes, and inventory levels
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agricultural Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations, or another related field is preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience with Transportation: trucking, container, rail and/or barge of raw and finished agricultural products highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business operations
- Understanding of industry rules and regulations when it comes to logistics of agricultural products is preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, email, written)
- Competent to proficient skill level for Microsoft Word, Smart Sheets and PowerPoint
- Proficient skill level for Microsoft Excel and other required business systems
- Ability to work productively and efficiently in a team setting, sometimes virtually with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Willing to learn and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and long hours during peak season
- Strong Customer Focus
- Strong negotiation skills
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….