About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill is looking for a passionate and proven Senior Business Analyst to be part of our Product & Platform Acceleration team. This role will be responsible for leading end-to-end data process analysis on project that collaborate with Seed, Commercial, & Technology acceleration teams to standardize, harmonize, and implement key data and IT related initiatives our Seeds and Commercial Pipeline.
This position will work with R&D and Technology Acceleration team members to understand end-to-end process workflows, the associated relevant software applications used today, and drive and contribute to process reengineering initiatives that redefine business capability & IT requirements in order to scale and automate our Seed operations and product development. In addition, this position will ensure the business capability and functionalities are developed & tested according to the requirements in our Tech Acceleration or Commercial ERP systems or third-party applications.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Understand R&D Operation end-to-end process workflows, the associated relevant software applications used today, and drive and contribute to process reengineering initiatives that redefine business capability & IT needs.
- Design business and system workflows to enable future product development and automation and scaling of processes
- Manage and coordinate requirement elicitation for various projects.
- Ensure business capability and functionalities are developed & tested, according to requirements in our Technology acceleration systems or third-party applications
- Align Business and IT teams and ensures that features and IT deliver timelines are in sync with the business strategy.
- Provide training to the users involved in supporting new business processes & systems implemented
- Develop and manage testing plans and test business capabilities and workflow developed by IT teams
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- S. in life science, computer science, or other technical field
- 5+ years of Experience software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, developing testing plans and testing software solutions
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to operational needs.
- Experience collaborating closely with the business and developers to design systems for future automation and scale and implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process and train users on new workflows
- Self-motivated to learn new systems, techniques and business domains
- Knowledge of Breeding R&D processes, data, and or software solutions to manage like Prism.
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction