About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill recently opened a new 47,000 square-foot facility that features dynamically adaptive Conviron® growth houses and chambers. These state-of-the-art environmentally controlled grow rooms are equipped with multi-channel LEDs, additive CO2, temperature, humidity and lighting controls providing a >2 fold increase in crop cycles annually compared to traditional cropping methods. The Crop Accelerator department is responsible for all of Benson Hill’s indoor growing facilities and enables the rapid prototyping of healthier, more sustainable, and better tasting foods through unconventional growing methods. In addition to indoor growing activities, the Crop Accelerator team supports outdoor growing and seed handling/distribution.
We are actively seeking a Research Associate, who is a highly motivated individual, to assist our Seed Operations team. Work will consist of coordinating general R&D seed processing tasks, operating small scale seed equipment, assisting with inventory management, field layout and material movement. Candidate will work with cross functional groups that include field, greenhouse, lab, and warehouse environments.
- Support all seed handling processes inclusive of printing, seed processing, seed treatment, phenotyping, seed packaging and inventory management
- Support outdoor growing activities as needed. Typical tasks include plant tissue sampling, threshing, shipping, plot care, in-field crossing
- Support indoor operational activities as needed. Typical tasks include planting, harvest, inventory management, chamber sanitation, NIR scanning
- Maintain and update SOPs for all seed-related activities
- Oversee daily work of contract workers assisting with seed-related activities
- Update and utilize relevant proprietary databases for all seed-related activities
- Flexibility to work extended or alternative hours in peak seasons
- Approach challenges with process improvement mindset
- 4-year undergraduate degree majoring in a scientific-related field
- Preferably education in Agriculture
- 1-2 years relevant experience in the agriculture industry
- Familiarity with inventory processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Experience working in agriculture, controlled environments, and/or a seed company
- Experience with seed processing and packaging
- Focused attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and milestones
- Rotational weekend work may be required during peak season
- Works well with cross functional groups
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….