About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Reporting to the President of Benson Hill Seeds, the Farmer Relationship Account Executive will proactively serve as the primary relationship manager and trusted advisor to our Benson Hill farmers. You will recruit prospects and develop long-term farmer relationships to grow our proprietary output trait varieties in an identify preserved closed-loop system. You will leverage all of our digital insights to lead the development of touchpoint strategy appropriate for each farmer to meet customer needs and work collaboratively with other internal teams that also influence the farmers experience with Benson Hill. You will own these relationships and have major impact on the growth of the organization.
- Negotiate and contract with US Farmers for production of Benson Hill’s yearly crops, coordinating and communicating with internal and external acreage contracting partners.
- Develop, strengthen, and expand long-term relationships within the ag community that result in Benson Hill achieving their yearly contracting goals of acres, location, variety placement and cost.
- Tailor Value Propositions to ensure customer benefits are communicated and understood, looking for opportunities for both Benson Hill and our farmer partners on the “why” as well as the “what” and the “how”.
- Educate and coach contract farmers in IP process to capture maximum value from their contracts, and ensure Benson Hill receives the top half of the output trait potential of the contracted varieties.
- Assist the contract administration and the data teams regarding farmer communication data and documents.
- Liaise with Benson Hill Seeds unit regarding farmer variety selection, seed sale, movement, etc.
- Manage all day-to-day telephone calls, emails, etc., both internal and external
- Represent Benson Hill and present at farmer-focused trade shows, field days, plot demonstration events, etc.
- Handle crop and farm related issues within company policy and goals and with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor degree in Ag Business, Agronomy, Crops & Soil Sciences or other related Ag field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with farmer contracting or sales and relationship management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent intercompany communications skills (verbal, email, written)
- Excellent ability to professionally communicate with and present offerings to farmers and agribusiness groups of various sizes.
- Intermediate skill level for Word, Excel, Power Point
- Attention to detail
- Strong relationship and sales skill
- Able to travel up to 50% at times during critical times
- Located in the Midwest region is highly preferred due to travel requirements
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….