About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Technology Acceleration team is focused on accelerating, scaling, and simplifying the product development process at Benson Hill. We are a diverse, energized, and experienced team of industry professionals with a proven track record of delivering novel technology that advances the field of agriculture. We are focused on enabling a robust data and analytics pipeline and enabling automation and robotics to the areas of greatest impact. We collaborate across a broad spectrum of internal technology teams along with key 3rd party partnerships to design and deliver systems that meet the rapidly evolving needs of Benson Hill’s business units.
This position will have technical leadership of a defined business domain area to support R&D data projects. You will lead and execute multiple projects end-to-end involving the internal and external stakeholders. You will contribute to technical strategy, design, & delivery for key top objective for the team. You will document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of the team. Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Authoritative in ETL optimization, design, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies.
- Demonstrate efficiency in handling data, tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data
- Experience designing and deploying machine learning pipelines to enable a predictive and prescriptive pipelines
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of data pipeline
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with data scientists and researchers to understand business requirements, formulate use cases, and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical designs to enable an analytics ready pipeline
- Enable creative scalable engineering solutions for data gathering and integration for structured and unstructured data sets
- Engineer cloud deployed software solutions to enable data and analytics pipelines
- Continuously improve and maintain code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Contribute ideas to help improve our technology, coding standards and products
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional application
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- B.S. in computer science, or other technical field strongly preferred
- 8+ years’ work experience building and deploying data, machine learning, & software pipelines
- 5+ years’ experience in Python
- Experience designing and deploying machine learning pipelines
- Experience with big data infrastructure like Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience engineering Data Lake & Feature Store capability to enable analytics
- Experience with GIS
- Engineering and deploying Web Services
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you know how to write software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Exposure to Agile
- Experience with AWS cloud platform or other cloud platforms
- Relational databases
- Experience with Neo4j or graph databases a plus
- Proficient in Python with C# a plus
- AWS EC2, S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, Glue, Lake Formation
- Enterprise IDE
- Sql Server / SSMS
- Web Services
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- Hybrid in-office/work from home
- And more….