About Benson Hill
Our Creston Iowa facility is equipped to produce world-class soy meal and oil, as well as food-grade soy white flake, flour, and grits. This amazing facility allows Benson Hill to offer more sustainable ingredients within the broad human food market, which includes plant-based meat, meat extension, bakery, cereal and snack, fermentation, and the pet food market. We are looking for more great people to add to our team.
Why Work at Benson Hill
Great Pay, Annual Bonus, Predictable Day and Night Shifts, Great Benefits, Job Security, Paid Time Off, Career Path, and 401K
Monitors and operates soy processing equipment and assures quality by performing the following duties. The schedule for this position is 6 am to 6 pm. Creston Plant has no longer has swing shift.
Starting wage is $21.00 an hour plus 5% annual bonus
- Physically monitor process temperatures, pressures, material flows and levels to evaluate process operations.
- Follow all procedures and policies to meet the requirements of CERT-ID EU non-GMO certification.
- Monitor process results and make the necessary physical adjustments to meet desired operating parameters
- Take the necessary steps to correct operations when running outside of the desired parameters.
- Notify plant manager/supervisor of operational or equipment problems.
- Maintain logs of instrument readings observed during hourly rounds.
- Take samples, analyze for product quality and record resulting test data.
- Observe all plant and safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all company and regulatory food safety policies and procedures. Reports any potential food safety issues to management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with operating menu driven programs and a computer mouse.
- The position is in a soy processing facility and could involve sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- You are regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- In this role you will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, stairs, balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- You may be required to push, or pull up to 25 pounds, frequently lift, move, push, or pull up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift, move, push, or pull up to 100 pounds, and occasionally push or pull more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.