Commercial Manager – Aquaculture Ingredients
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Position Summary – Commercial Manager, Aquaculture Ingredients
Reporting to the International Business Development Manager, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for sales of Benson Hill Value added ingredients to the European Aqua industry and he/she will be based in Barcelona, Oslo or Fredrikstad.
- Sell ingredients needed to meet commercial/operational plans at manufacturing sites
- Using Benson Hill’s CRM software, build and maintain a database of local and regional aquafeed industry and fish farmers, and competitors. Provide monthly updates on sales prospects via summary reports within the CRM.
- Build and keep updated market supply and demand information. Provide quarterly reports on competitive developments in the industry, including but not limited to: competitor pricing, competitor capacity expansion, and new feed ingredient developments
- Record sales and purchases daily [using iRely]
- Update cash prices, basis and premiums daily and develop/maintain digital processes for communicating updates to customers
- Actively communicate market data and views to Benson Hill’s Risk Management Team
- Coordinate logistics, including FOB/CNF/CIF vessel logistics program and off-site storage options with International Logistics Manager, Benson Hill US, Denofa and other partners
- Manage product validation trialing with universities, customers, and/or Contract Research Organizations
- Coordinate value-added efforts with sustainability and nutritionist experts, internally and externally, to maximize BH ingredients value
- Cultivate relationships with European customers and aqua stakeholders, such as aqua farmers, seafood companies, and NGOs to help build the Benson Hill brand
- Update and maintain product marketing materials, such as pitch decks, sell sheets, in partnership with VP Marketing
- Represent Benson Hill at appropriate industry conferences
- Update and maintain all product quality documentation required to execute sales in partnership with Benson Hill’s Operations Team, such as specification sheets, product Certifications, etc.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years’ experience in commercial role(s) in the aquaculture industry, preferably in Europe
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, animal nutrition, agricultural economics, economics, finance, accounting, sales & marketing or a related field
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior management and external stakeholders. Fluid English, oral and written
- Individual must be an independent thinker who is able to perform in an evolving and changing environment while maintaining a high energy level
- Experience working with organizations during rapid growth and expansion
- Highly proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- A Collaborative Environment
- Company and personal growth
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation
- Based in Barcelona