About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill is looking for a passionate and proven LIMS Engineer to be part of our Product & Platform Acceleration team. This role will be responsible for developing and deploying the LIMS strategy in Benson Hill. The LIMS Engineer, will work collaboratively with the Technology teams for translating business needs into the digitization of greenhouse process and collection of data to drive our CropOS engine that supports Benson Hill R&D activities.
This position will work with green house and operation team members to understand end-to-end process workflows, the associated relevant software applications, drive and contribute to process reengineering initiatives, elicit, and document requirements and specifications. This position will ensure the business processes and functionalities are developed accordingly, tested, and implemented in the scope of the implementation of new and existing LIMS applications. Additionally, this person will configure and customize our LIMS to work according to greenhouse and automation needs.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Design, configure, customize, and implement LIMS solutions with new or existing LIMS products
- Review, analyze and capture business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define objectives and formulate systems to harmonize business processes
- Prepares process maps, user guides, standard operating procedures, user manuals and other functional documentation
- Provides training to the users about processes and the systems involved in supporting such processes.
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- B.S. in life science, data science, computer science, or other technical field
- 7+ years of Experience deploying a Laboratory Information System (Mosaic, IVS, labware, L7).
- Hands on experience configuring LIMS systems (labware, L7 Enterprise Science Platform LIMS, etc)
- Knowledge with software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies.
- Experience with automation of equipment and other systems interface with LIMS System and configuration management
- 3+ yrs experience using scripting languages (Python, etc)
- Experience with AWS cloud platform or other cloud platforms
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
- Experience with optimizing workflows flows to optimize time and effort
- Self-motivated to learn new knowledge and techniques
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction