About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The core purpose of the Human Resources function is to bring to live the Benson Hill People Strategy which is - to foster an entrepreneurial environment where team members are viewed as collective authors of a culture that empowers continuous growth and agile achievement of bold outcomes, with the belief that the inclusion of people and ideas inspire the greatest form of innovation. It is through integrated talent programs, empowerment of our team members and aligned incentives that keep the HR team focused on enabling the organization to achieve our goals.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Responsible for the bi-weekly payroll processing for multiple states within the US
- Work with PEO to process Spain payroll on a monthly basis
- Ensure the collection of hours and approve timecards prior to finalizing payroll
- Assist with the submission of relocation, imputed income, bonus payments and any additional pay needed to be processed with each payroll
- Gather information for internal and external audits as needed
- Enter payroll transactions (timesheets, status changes, adjustments, additional pay, etc.)
- Work with the Accounting team to ensure that the GL information is accurate
- Assist with creating documentation/processes for Payroll and HRIS duties
- Assist with year-end and W2 balancing and processing
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the absence of the Director of Payroll & HRIS
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and answer questions for employees when needed
- Maintain accurate records and comply with company and SOX regulations
- Assist in ensuring that the company is compliant with all new legislative laws regarding Payroll and taxes across all states and federal agencies
- Assist with the MO Works tax credit on a monthly and annual basis as needed
- Submit new tax application information into the Namely case database to acquire state and local income tax account numbers
- Assist in the tracking and submitting of tax notices with payroll vendor and updating tracker spreadsheet to ensure progress is being made on a consistent basis
- Maintain the HRIS/Payroll information and perform audits to ensure data integrity, security, privacy, accurate reporting, and optimal performance
- Responsible for loading data into the payroll system (new compliance education programs, year-end performance, compensation, etc.)
- Assist in processing and validating RSU transactions
- Assist in troubleshooting system integrations and work with end users to define requirements for new or improved systems/processes
- Develop efficiencies and controls to ensure data accuracy
- HR Analytics: Serve as HR Analytics expert, preparing metrics, reports & dashboards to identify & track trends
- Assist in M&A and Divestitures when required
- Assist in rollout of pay card program and other projects as needed
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- CPP required
- 8+ years of Payroll experience required
- Basic HRIS knowledge required
- Experience with Namely payroll or managed payroll vendor preferred
- Superior analytical, organizational skills and high attention to detail required
- Knowledge of FLSA, payroll laws, federal and state regulations required
- Microsoft experience (Excel & Word)
- Strong customer focus and the ability to interact daily with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Must practice strict confidentiality, regarding Payroll, HRIS and HR information
- Ability to analyze payroll issues and have a quick resolution
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, written communication and is a collaborative/team member
- Ability to focus and work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direction
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….