Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Ingredient Division establishes and executes the go to market strategy. It is driven to build new markets, establish supply chain capabilities, to manufacture quality ingredients and deliver in a manner that exceeds customer expectations. The team works cross functionally with R&D, Data Science, Food Science and Business Development to ensure that we execute to meet our financial objectives.
This position holds responsibility for the engineering, production and operational functions for the Benson Hill Ingredients business. This is a leadership role to own and operate storage, assets, engineering, production and planning, process development and optimization. This leader will help support long term strategy, M&A diligence and integration with respect to technology, people, and processes.
- Lead Ingredient operations/production which will include engineering, manufacturing, and technology.
- Lead the planning and procurement of raw materials, demand planning, forecasting and production scheduling.
- Own program and platform coordination and communication to assure that work is executed to plan (cost, quality, specifications schedule).
- Build and execute strategy as it relates to manufacturing. This includes a definition and execution of logistics activities including facility development, outsourcing activity as well as operational optimization.
- Create a standard strategy for implementation of manufacturing processes and systems across all Ingredient’s locations
- Develop and manage a network of global and regional preferred equipment providers
- Benchmark Ingredients Business process template and infrastructure rollout methodology against other industries and build a continuous improvement strategy with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide operational diagnostics to determine and mitigate facility constraints.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 15 plus years of proven experience developing and operationalizing strategies for food ingredients (Soy ingredients highly preferred).
- Management experience in manufacturing is highly preferred
- Experience managing budgets and forecasting.
- Experience building out and leading processes, policy, and practice for an engineering organization.
- Experience forming multi-year investment recommendations (+$5M) & valuations, translating those recommendations into tractable execution plans
- Experience leading organizational change based on technology innovation, workforce evolution in a hi-tech arena, and dynamic resource optimization that supports strategy
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision and strategy, manage change, develop, mentor and coach personnel.
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality commitment
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
- Ability to travel 25-30%
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….