About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Ingredient Division establishes and executes the go to market strategy. It is driven to build new markets, establish supply chain capabilities, to manufacture quality ingredients and deliver in a manner that exceeds customer expectations. The team works cross functionally with R&D, Data Science, Food Science and Business Development to ensure that we execute to meet our financial objectives.
We are actively seeking growth minded individuals who want to disrupt the food industry. This role is responsible for sales efforts across a portfolio of proprietary ingredients targeting small and mid-sized food companies. Specifically, the Business Development Representative will be responsible for sales of Benson Hill’s plant-based protein ingredients and the execution of proactive prospecting campaigns in coordination with our marketing department.
You’ll make an impact by: (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Responsible for selling Benson Hill’s protein ingredients to ingredient and food companies
- Works with and develops strong relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders inside of innovative food and ingredient companies
- Fosters and supports a culture of teamwork, collaboration, innovation and excellence
- Generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
You Have (Competencies and Qualifications):
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration
- 3 to 5 years sales experience preferred
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
- Agriculture industry knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiating and time management skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CRM experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….