About Benson Hill, Inc.
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables.
Benson Hill’s Fresh segment will focus on combining the breeding power of CropOS™ with the extensive grower base, distribution network and retail relationships of its wholly owned subsidiary, J&J Family of Farms (“J&J”), a field produce company. With this combination, the business segment will be well-positioned to execute on the development and ultimately the commercialization of differentiated produce and “functional foods,” with the potential to serve the growing convergence between the produce and pharmacy aisles. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
J&J Family of Farms – a wholly owned subsidiary of Benson Hill
Established in 1983, J&J Family of Farms is a leading grower, packer and shipper of field-grown vegetable commodities. Headquartered near West Palm Beach, Florida, J&J specializes in bell peppers, green beans, cucumbers, squash and eggplant. Within their family of farms, J&J operates packing and cooling facilities in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Mexico. J&J’s farm-to-fork approach starts with expertise in farming directly. maintaining a practice that is focused on sustainability and social responsibility
Sr. Director, Finance
Serving as support to the President of J&J Family of Farms, this leader is responsible for delivering financial analysis that meet the needs of internal and external constituents, manage a budget and financial review process that reflects corporate objectives and involves the managers who directly influence the realization of those objectives. The Finance Director will capitalize on policies and structures that minimize tax liability, as well as implement sufficient controls that provide reasonable cross checks to catch human error and identify gaps in our operational processes.
The Sr. Director, Finance will also be responsible for directing the company's financial organization, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Direct or coordinate an organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Supervise and develop Finance team while serving in a “working manager” capacity
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Prepare monthly analysis that highlights the key drivers for variances to budget, prior forecast and prior months related to revenue COGS, other operating expenses and headcount.
- Drive the monthly/quarterly revenue and expense rolling forecasting process, working closely with operations and accounting groups.
- Prepare and maintain key KPI’s that align to Company and department initiatives.
- Implement corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
- Coordinate the development or implementation of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, or other administrative control processes.
- Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
- Prepare or present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets, government statutes or rulings, or other items affecting businesses or program services.
- Review and analyze legislation, laws, or public policy and recommend changes to promote or support interests of the general population or special groups.
- Administer programs for selection of sites, construction of buildings, or provision of equipment or supplies.
- Serve as liaisons between organizations, shareholders, and outside organizations.
- Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations and business and product development.
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting or Finance) required; Master's Degree (MBA) preferred
- CPA preferred, but not required
- 12+ years of experience in Finance, with at least 5-8 years of that experience in a leadership role
- Finance or Accounting experience in the Agricultural Industry is highly preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, and be a self starter
- Time Management and Leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
WE HAVE A TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE AT BENSON HILL THAT CONSISTS OF MORE THAN JUST YOUR PAYCHECK. TOTAL REWARDS AT BENSON HILL COVERS PAY (SALARY AND BONUS), HEALTH (EMPLOYER BENEFIT CONTRIBUTIONS) AND WEALTH (INVESTMENTS). SOME OF THE PERKS INCLUDE:
- Ability to grow in fast growing company
- A collaborative environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- And more….