Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill’s Breeding & Product Characterization (BPC) team creates commercial varieties that lead the industry for nutrition content and performance. Our germplasm is the chassis for bringing novel health and nutrition traits to market. BPC works across Benson Hill crops to evaluate field performance of novel traits, test new trait combinations, and incorporate traits into elite germplasm through innovative technologies. We partner with diverse technology teams and third party partners to revolutionize Benson Hill’s breeding platform and product lineup.
Lead the Benson Hill Midwest region Operations team through a critical period of technology growth and program expansion. The team is comprised of talented research associates that are ambitious to innovate agriculture and the breeding pipeline. Lead team in developing & executing plans for all aspects of seed processing, planting, plot management, data collection, cross-pollination, and harvest in a safe manner. Plan short- and long-term resource needs for the station including personnel, equipment, and operating budget. Seek input from stakeholders across Benson Hill to ensure alignment of station operations with company direction & vision. An open, innovative mindset and a desire to push the boundaries of the status quo are essential. The Testing Manager must have solid agronomic knowledge and a strong background in field research. Excellent organization, communication, and leadership capabilities are required.
You’ll make an impact by: (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Leading station personnel in the establishment and execution of work plans
- Managing seed processing, planting, plot maintenance, and other station activities
- Working closely with the soybean breeding team to align operations with program objectives
- Preparing and communicating operational and technical reports
- Managing station operations and capital budgets
- Maintaining a broad range of existing technical skills and quickly learning new skills
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes and working collaboratively to make improvements
- Developing station personnel to achieve personal and work goals
- Education: Minimum Requirement is BS degree in relevant field plus 5 years of related experience
- Qualifications/Skills: Strong leadership capability, preference for 2+ years experience leading people, deep knowledge of breeding operations, experience managing field research data, working knowledge of small plot equipment and operations, pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain, CDL license or ability to obtain, familiarity with budget management.
- Innovative mindset & drive
- Knowledge of agricultural management and practices
- Knowledge of Precision equipment (Ex: GIS, GPS systems)
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, consisting of visits to outlying research locations, seasonal meetings, and to winter nursery operations
- Must be capable of working extended hour during time-sensitive periods of growing seasons.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize proprietary software tools
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….