We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform helps training organizations, associations and the extended enterprise deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for individuals looking to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached almost 7 million.
We’re committed to helping people learn better, and that starts with our own people.
This position is remote (along with all of our BenchPrep positions).
About the Role:
We are seeking a Project Manager for a 4-6 month contract to work remotely for BenchPrep. As a Project Manager on the Professional Services team, you will be responsible for leading and managing software implementation related projects for new and existing customers.
You will collaborate closely with multiple teams internally and with customers to manage all the phases of a particular project lifecycle including project kickoffs, initializing a project schedule, resource allocation and planning, risk identification and mitigation, weekly cadence meetings and updates to project stakeholders, managing customer expectations, and delivering a project on time.
Our overall team goal with all of our projects is to partner with our customers to optimize time to value, establish strong platform usage and efficient solutions for their business needs. Ultimately to set up our Customer Success team for a strong, long term business relationship all with the help of our Project Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee multiple customer-facing projects that vary in length and complexity; while working equally with the external client and internal team members
- Project manage cross-functional work streams and monitor overall project progress and delivery quality work
- Maintain a schedule of deliverables, contributors, dependencies, and risks, and ensure team-wide visibility
- Engage in the entire software development lifecycle for key projects, ensuring that key milestones are achieved and potential issues and risks are identified/escalated as early as possible to resolve them
- Continually identify, present and implement opportunities for project scalability and process efficiencies via collaboration with other rep team members
- Empower, motivate, and support team members across multiple internal teams to do their best work in the creation and delivery of impactful enablement programs
- Document all project artifacts and ensure that they are completed, organized, and stored appropriately
Skills and experiences we value:
- 5+ years project management experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS environment
- Direct and heavy client-facing experience,working with high level project stakeholders
- Highly organized, process-driven and analytical in nature with outstanding project management skills. (Preference given to candidates with experience in agile methodologies and tools.)
- Excels in delivering multiple concurrent projects, with excellent communication, and with timely, quality, and efficient results to multiple project stakeholders
- Proficiency using G-suite, Confluence, Jira, and Smartsheets
- Data-driven: comfortable with data, analysis, and reporting
- CAPM, PMP Certifications a plus
**Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements! And check out our latest blog post to learn more about inclusion at BenchPrep in the Engineering team."
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day we have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners. Join us.