We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team. As our Product Marketing Manager, you are prepared to roll up your sleeves to ensure our product messaging is on point by owning all external product marketing efforts. You have hands-on product marketing experience in a true B2B SaaS company, you’re a critical thinker who is analytical, and you thrive on leading the process from beginning to end. You have experience working with both technical and product teams, demonstrating expertise in running industry-specific and solution-specific product marketing campaigns.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- You will own market intelligence and will be the expert on all buyer segments, including who they are, how they buy, and their key buying criteria
- You will be the go-to internal resource for the competitive landscape and be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- You will understand and document our buyer’s process in all segments, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make, then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- You will own all external product messaging, including collateral, internal documentation, event marketing materials, videos, and customer training resources
- You will be responsible for ensuring our website messaging is on point, restructuring when needed
- You will be considered the product expert for the customer-facing part of our business
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the marketing team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years product marketing experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- Experience leading process improvement projects
- Strong writing skills, both creative writing and professional written communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, and collaborative environment, not afraid to take risks
- Detail oriented and able to clearly and concisely manage expectations.
- Willing to travel up to once a month to various industry conferences (about 25% of the time)
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.