Based in Chicago, BenchPrep is the leading provider of an advanced white label online learning platform and enables the world's leading education and training companies to deliver best-in-class digital learning programs. The company’s modern cloud-based platform is transforming the professional education space, with many of the largest credentialing bodies, associations, and training organizations in the world now delivering learning programs through BenchPrep. Customers include ACT, Becker Professional Education, AAMC, CFA Institute, CompTIA, GMAC, Institute for Supply Management, ASCM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, NCBE, ProLiteracy, HR Certification Institute, Richardson Sales Training, Hobsons, McGraw Hill Education, OnCourse Learning, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. More than 4 million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success. To discover more about BenchPrep, please visit www.benchprep.com.
We are looking for a seasoned DevOps engineer to join our growing team. As our DevOps Engineer, you will be tasked with keeping our platform running smoothly and providing tools and processes for fast and efficient systems for our engineers. This will be our first true DevOps role, so this is a great opportunity for someone with DevOps experience looking for a new challenge!
We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to its mission and approach each day as an opportunity to be challenged and learn.
What is needed:
- Experience operating a Kubernetes or Docker Swarm cluster in production
Generally, we expect:
- Solid linux experience
- Bash scripting experience
- Knowledge of general security best practices
- Experience performing penetration testing, vulnerability scanning
- Familiarity with networking
- Experience with running high availability systems
- Experience with DNS management
- Experience managing Redis clusters
Additionally, the following is a plus:
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Ruby and / or Python
- Experience using Git or similar version control